Delicious Shrimp Ceviche!
The Peruvian ceviche is very popular and appreciated by the people of Latin America. It is a very fresh recipe full of flavor and rich in benefits.
After making this recipe, you will find that the shrimp ceviche recipe is much easier than you think. It will make a nice change in your cooking routine, and it will also allow you to consume more protein. Yet, it is a light dish, which will not weigh you down, nor will it make you feel sleepy after eating your meal.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Freezing time: 3 minutes
Marinating time: 2 hours
Ingredients for four people:
- 35 ounces of shrimps (you can use Gambas)
- 17,5 ounces of tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 avocado cut in small pieces
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon of fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (you can substitute it with sesame oil)
- 1 orange
- Salt and pepper
- First, peel the onion and cut it into equal pieces.
- Cut the lemons in half, and then squeeze them to extract the juice and pour it into a container.
- Add the minced onion and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Let this marinade rest in the refrigerator for an hour.
- In the meantime, we take the opportunity to prepare the tomatoes. Make two cross-shaped cuts at the base and soak them for a few minutes in boiling water.
- Remove the skin, put the tomatoes in a blender, and grind until you get a skimmed liquid.
- Wash the coriander, chop it very finely, and keep it aside.
- Squeeze the orange into a bowl and set aside.
- In a pan, add some water and put it on high heat until it boils. use the Pan Buddy to monitor the pan, it is more convenient to work with when the pan is hot
- Add the whole shrimp and cook for two or three minutes until they turn to a nice pink color.
- Remove the shrimp from the heat using the Pan Buddy and place them in a container with ice or cold water, so that the cooking is interrupted and they do not boil over.
- Peel the shrimp, removing the shell and head.
- After one hour, remove the onion and lemon from the refrigerator and add the crushed tomato, orange juice, shrimp, chopped coriander, avocado pieces, mustard and a dash of oil.
- Stir with a spoon so that all ingredients are integrated. It is necessary to test the taste with a spoon and then place the spoon in the Spoon Buddy to avoid using too many utensils.
- Reintroduce the ceviche cold for another hour, so that the flavors blend and the result will be spectacular.
- Serve with chips or crackers and voila!
- You can extend the shelf life of ceviche by storing it in the refrigerator, and once stored, it should be consumed within 2 days.
- It is very important that you have very fresh shrimp.
- You can add pieces of other fruits and vegetables such as mango, peach, cucumber...
Nutritional values per serving:
- Calories: 493
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 526mg
- Sodium: 621mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 23.7g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.4g
- Total Sugars: 9.7g
- Protein: 60.1g
- Vitamin D: 0mcg
- Calcium: 278mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 1129mg