- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (Use Spoon Buddy to measure)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk (buttermilk, whole milk, or almond milk work great)
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp bacon fat (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Grease a medium-sized cast-iron skillet (or 8×8 baking dish) with bacon grease or butter, and place inside the oven while you prep the other ingredients. Use your Pan Buddy to transfer that heavy skillet from the stove to the oven!
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Melt the butter and let it cool slightly while you whisk together the eggs and milk in a separate bowl. Once the butter is cool, add it to the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir gently together with a wooden spoon or spatula. Don’t over-mix, but let everything become incorporated. Once done stirring, place that messy utensil on your Spoon Buddy.
- Remove the heated skillet (or baking dish) from the oven with your Pan Buddy and pour the batter in. Turn the oven down to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before slicing and serving. Serve with butter and honey for maximum comfort food feeling!
Recipe found at : https://www.jamieoliver.com/features/gluten-free-cornbread/