Cinco de Mayo Enchiladas
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into large chunks (about 4 inches each)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth (Spoon Buddy measures 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend (about 6 ounces)
- Cauliflower rice and your favorite enchilada toppings
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper. Brown the chicken in the butter for about 2 minutes per side. Remember to have your Pan Buddy when handling that heavy skillet!
Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
Remove the chicken to a plate and remove about half of the broth from the skillet. Discard the broth. Whisk the tomato paste, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne into the remaining broth in the skillet. Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the sour cream until well combined. Stir in the chicken. Place messy utensil on Spoon Buddy when stirring. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and cover the skillet until melted, about 4 minutes.
Serve with cauliflower rice and your favorite enchilada toppings, like pickled jalapenos, cilantro, guacamole, and tomatoes.
Recipe found at https://cupcakesandkalechips.com/chicken-enchilada-skillet/