Enchiladas are one of the traditional dishes of Mexico and they are they are counted among the greatest dishes for parties or lazy Sundays because they are very delicious and easy to make.
Each region of Mexico has its own enchilada recipe depending on the ingredients available in each region. Therefore, you should know that in all of Mexico, there are more than 300 types of enchiladas, and it is very popular in their street night food.
They are made of corn tortillas, filled with beef, chicken, turkey, etc. and topped with a spicy sauce. Enchiladas can be served with shredded lettuce, minced fresh onion, grated cheese or cheesy cream.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for four people:
- 17.5 ounces of chicken breast
- 1 onion
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup of grated cheese (cheddar, parmesan, whatever you prefer)
- 1 tomato
- 1 clove of garlic
- 6 peppers
- Green sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the chicken thoroughly, remove the fat and chop it.
- Peel the onion, wash it and chop it too, do the same for the tomato.
- Cut the garlic clove into rings.
- In a pan equipped with a Pan Buddy fry the onion with the garlic clove until everything become completely browned.
- Then add the tomato and the chicken and sear.
- Stir around until everything is evenly cooked and seasoned, do not forget to put a spoon in a Spoon Buddy, which is very convenient because it will contain your mess, while being 100% sure that the Spoon buddy is non-porous, and doesn't harbor bacteria.
- Open the green sauce jar with your Spoon Buddy and pour it into the blender glass with the chopped chilies and whisk well.
- Heat a little of this mixture in the pan with your Pan Buddy, and bathe the tortillas, then fry them with a little olive oil, but do not brown them.
- Fill the tortillas with the chicken you have cooked.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and roll them up.
- Put them in a dish entering the oven.
- Bathe more with the sauce you have in the pan, put the dish in the oven for about 3 minutes at 400 Fº, and then have fun with each bite.
- You can also freeze enchiladas (wrapped in cling film) for up to 3 months.
- To reheat chicken enchiladas, use your oven to get the same crispy effect, or in a pan with your Pan Buddy, add a spoonful of olive oil and fry for a minute.
- You can use the leftover chicken to make the best enchiladas.
- The green sauce is very easy to make at home.
- The addition of lime juice, will add an excellent freshness effect.
Nutritional values per serving:
- Calories: 460
- Total Fat: 18.1 g
- Cholesterol: 110mg
- Sodium: 302 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 36.5g
- Dietary Fiber:5.4 g
- Total Sugars :2.4g
- Protein : 38.1g
- Vitamin D : 3mcg
- Calcium: 278mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 706mg