Looking for a delicious dip to get people talking at your 4th of July party? Look no further. This beer cheese dip is calling your name. Simply put, it’s one of those dishes where two incredible ingredients come together . . . and make something even MORE incredible.
Read on for more tips on how to make the creamiest, dreamiest beer cheese dip all in your cast-iron skillet! Don't forget your Pan Buddy when handling that hot and heavy pan!
Like any delicious dip, this recipe starts with a couple different types of shredded cheese and—the ingredient responsible for making all dips delicious—cream cheese. Stir those up, then add your flavoring agents. We turned to garlic powder, chives, and Dijon mustard here. The spicy, tangy mustard is the perfect ingredient to play up the hoppy beer. Finally you add said beer, and bake it up!
1 3/4 cup shredded cheddar, divided
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (Remember, the Spoon Buddy measures exactly 1/2 cup)
1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. freshly chopped chives, plus more for garnish
1 tbsp. freshly stripped rosemary with your Strip-n-Snip scissors
2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 c. pale ale beer (we love Sierra Nevada)
Freshly ground black pepper
1 (16.3-oz.) can refrigerated biscuits
2 tbsp. baking soda
1 large egg, mixed with 1 tablespoon water, for brushing biscuits
1) Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups cheddar, mozzarella, cream cheese, Dijon, chives, garlic powder, and beer and season with salt and pepper.
2) Halve each biscuit and roll into a ball, then slice an X across the top.
3)In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water and baking soda to a boil and whisk to dissolve. Immediately reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Add biscuits in batches and cook until puffy, 1 minute, then remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a 10" or 12" ovenproof cast-iron skillet, forming a ring along the inside edge.
4) Brush biscuits with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse salt. Transfer dip to center of skillet and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar.
5) Transfer your skillet to the oven using the Pan Buddy for support and bake until biscuits are golden and dip is bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes.
6) Garnish with chives before serving.
Recipe found at https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a49208/pretzel-ring-beer-cheese-dip-recipe/